Decluttering is just one word and it can offer you so many gifts. Amazing! I’m feeling festive and thinking about The Twelve Days of Christmas, so I’ll have a quick look at twelve gifts, but there are more. Let’s look at other gifts decluttering gives you another time.
Ready? Off we go …
Decluttering gives you knowledge, a warm heart …
1. Knowledge. You know what’s actually in your house, your office or your car. So no more buying things you’ve already got – they are somewhere but where? Like screwdrivers, sellotape, the other sock … And that’s just S in the alphabet.
2. A warm heart when you recycle or pass things on to charity. You don’t need them any more but charity shops do and their clients benefit. Recycling is good for us all. Help the love go round.
3. Appreciation of those special things you choose to keep. Don’t hide them away in a load of clutter. Give them room to be seen and to shine.
4. Space. As my art teacher used to say, look at the space in between things. It has value all of its own. Luxuriate in it!
Decluttering gives you thinking room, opportunity …
5. Thinking room to think your thoughts. When there’s clutter everywhere – or even just somewhere – it can be hard to find room to think your own wonderful thoughts.
6. Opportunity to organise things to suit your lifestyle. Everyone benefits when everyday life runs more smoothly. Everyday life running on fumes is hard work.
7. Calm. No more needy ‘stuff’ at home, chirruping that it needs attention. No need to think that you’ll sort it out one day. You’ve done it. (And decluttering is good at work, too.)
8. More time. What a luxury! How will you spend it? Looking after yourself is a good choice.
Decluttering gives you lightness, a springboard …
9. More money, or less money going out, at the very least. That’s because you make fewer last minute desperate purchases, you don’t buy duplicates and you’ve got more time to plan ahead.
10. You’re able to respond more easily to unexpected events. Whether it’s a lovely surprise or an emergency, you’ve got more in the tank.
11. Lightness. You’re no longer weighed down by all that clutter. That’s got to be good for your health.
12. A springboard to move forward. Where will it take you when you’re no longer held back by stuff?
Decluttering helps the world go round
I give presents to people I love and value, and to myself. It helps the world go round. Decluttering is a brilliant thing. It gives you so much, at this time of year and all through the year.
3 Replies to “12 Gifts of Decluttering – what decluttering gives you”